Here’s what we are talking about at the General Meeting this Sunday:
– Identify key races you are interested in attending.
– Sign up for a committee
– Discuss your individual and club goals for the season.
General Meeting Agenda: 9:30-10:30
— State of the Club
— Old Business
— Recap of Dec Mtg: communication tools, fundraising, rules & regulations, equipment.
— New Business
— VP Position
— Petaluma Small Craft Coalition
— Racing Goals/ Key Races
— Sprint Hosting
Work Party @ Bucks Landing to follow: 10:45-12
–4 Canoes to: Wash, apply rubbing compound, sand areas to be repaired, polish & wax.
–Iakos: Sand & varnish
–Trailer: Replace wheel bearings
Our equipment is in desperate need of love. Thanks to Napili Bob for organizing the work party.
Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday.
Here is a great training video about paddle technique and the physics of the stroke from the Keauhou Outrigger Club in Hawaii. Let me know what you think.
Keauhou Paddling Lesson from Vytas Katilius on Vimeo.
He’e Nalu Ohana
I am looking forward to a great season in 2013 as the club continues to grow and strengthen. Despite the cold winter the canoes at both sites are being used on a regular basis. We have a great group of enthusiastic new paddlers that have been training hard all winter. Let’s all come together to prepare for the new season:
- 2/17 General Meeting & Work Party @ 101 from 9:30-12 Let’s show our canoes (& each other) a little love, and talk about our goals.
- 3/2 Blessing Prep @ 101 9-12 Rig canoes and set-up for the big party on Sat.
- 3/3 He’e Nalu Blessing @ 101 10-2 Let’s do this right! Bring our Ohana together: potluck, live Hawaiian music, newcomers welcome.
A’ohe hana nui ka ka alu’ia. No task is too big when done together.
More details to come.
He’e Nalu Marin/Sonoma