Aloha He’e Nalu,
As we wrap up 2017, the He’e Nalu OCC board would like to thank everyone for their aloha and dedication to our sport and our ohana this past year. Together on the water, we trained and raced thousands of miles from Northern California all the way to Tahiti. Off the water, we shared love, laughter, and unconditional support for each other during the devastating Sonoma fires. We are incredibly proud of these relationships and achievements. Every day we feel blessed to have our love of this sport and the water to connect us.
As we look forward to 2018, we ask that you please consider making a tax-deductible donation to the club. We have a lot to look forward to for the upcoming year, but some of that requires additional funds above and beyond what membership fees could cover, including:
- Finish replacing the dock in Petaluma. Major safety item for the keikis!
- Finish repairing our canoe trailer. There are 2 new NCOCA long-distance races to tow to!
- Additional support for our keiki program. They crushed MBX this year as the first ever keiki crew!
- Catch up on much needed maintenance with our canoes and gear. Yeah, the debt that keeps on giving.
Any amount you give will make a significant impact. For example, $20 could sponsor race fees or a jersey for a keiki; $100 could chip in for some repairs. If you wish to make a donation, please either:
- Send your donation electronically via PayPal to [email protected];
- Or, write a check to “NCOCA” and mail to 355 Sheffield Court, San Jose, CA 95125;
- Or, contact Nicole Sholly at [email protected] for more information or other arrangements.
The NCOCA is our fiscal sponsor and will ensure that we receive your donation and issue you a tax receipt. Please leave a comment on your PayPal transfer or check that your donation is for He’e Nalu OCC. The deadline for tax-deductible donations is December 31st and all donations must be received and transacted before January 1st to be tax-deductible towards 2017.
None of this would be possible without you. Your support will help make next season even more memorable and spectacular.
Mahalo nui loa,
Nicole and the He’e Nalu board